Forum Thread: Should You Give Up Sugar or Fat?

Should You Give Up Sugar or Fat?

So you guys have probably heard all about low carb diets (and based on my own personal experience, I think they work) but I came across this article today about identical twins that did an experiment where both of them were allowed to eat as much as they wanted (no calorie restriction) but one was on an extremely low carb diet and the other was on an extremely low fat diet.

Anyway, they came to the conclusion that it isn't carbs or fat alone that make you gain weight. They said it's the combination of them together that is very addictive and leads to weight gain.

They said "Furthermore, sugar alone isn't very addictive...And fat isn't really addictive either. The modern processed food industry knows this and that's why you're rarely sold the two separately - what is addictive is the combination. We interviewed some amazing scientists who showed us that a combination of fat and sugar (such as in milk chocolate or ice cream) has a similar effect on your brain to cocaine."

This is pretty interesting. What do you guys think?

You can read the entire article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2546975/One-twin-gave-sugar-gave-fat-Their-experiment-change-YOUR-life.html

Be the First to Respond

Share Your Thoughts