Forum Thread: Should I have a healthy diet regime?

As much as I recall I have been always overweight, and now I really think I am the heaviest I've ever been. All of it started after I stop playing sports in my high school, and I started working in a fast food restaurant. Cause of working very long hours I started eating in the wrong way, and I rarely exercised.  But right now I feel like my time of change came, and I really want to get rid of body fat once and for all. You might ask me what things motivated me? Well, nothing much. It is just I have a young son, and I want to set a great example for him. I have tried so many diets and weight loss pills that I am just tired of them. At this point I would like to try somewhat different that is why I got fat burners like Adipex. I've been taking it for a while now, and I actually see good results. However, I don't eat as healthy, and I do not go to a fitness center very often. It's just that I do not have much time because of my job. I worry about my weight reduction cause I want to do it right this time. Do you have any thoughts what I should do to lose body fat in a healthy way?

1 Response

Hi, I think it's great you want to lose weight to be a good example for your son. I agree, it can be hard to eat healthy or work out when you work a lot of hours. This is especially true the lower you are in the employment ladder, so to speak...like me for instance...every job I've ever had was low paying and required lots of hours. So when I got home I was exhausted and I sure as hell wasn't about to take the time to cook healthy meal or work out lol...

But one the things that helped me more than anything was to keep a diary of what I ate each day and how many calories it was. I generally ate about 1,000-1,200 a day (although most experts say you should never go below 1,200). I didn't have time to work out so the weight came off slowly (about 4-5 pounds a month) but it did come off.

Another thing that helps is to drink lots of water throughout the day. You don't actually need 8 glasses like they say (that is an old myth) but sometimes your body mistakes thirst for hunger, so staying hydrated helps with that.

If you don't have a lot of time to cook, try cooking a healthy meal or two in a slow cooker on your days off. That way you will be able to eat for the entire week.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing! :)

Share Your Thoughts